Explosives dogs are high drive, single-purpose dogs that are trained for explosives detection. Custom Canine Unlimited trains some of the worlds most reliable explosives dogs (EDD) and explosives dog handlers. We maintain a great selection of reliable trained explosives dogs for sale at all times. All of our EDD dogs are trained to the highest standards using our “Reliability Program” and our explosives dog handler training prepare each handler for the “real-world”.
Each of our explosives dogs are trained to detect all industry standard odors (may supply list upon request) with a passive alert. We also train each dog to detect explosives concealed in vehicles, open areas, lockers, luggage and packages. We will not place a dog in the hands of a client without having a thorough understanding of the client’s needs and preparing each specific dog to meet those needs.
Our explosives dog handler courses are unsurpassed by industry standards. Each course provides theory, practical exercise and testing to prepare the K-9 team to be “field ready” at the conclusion of their course. Our developed and proven curriculums are packed with non-stop working where down time is minimized and training time is maximized. We test a team in training so that they don’t make the mistakes on the road. Problems are uncovered and addressed in training rather than avoided.
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
- GSA Contract Holder
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over the years of working dogs in the “real world.” This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs and training handlers for that environment has led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or dog team that is great in training, but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks thes very issues 3 ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is cruciel. The dog’s drive, characteristics, and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Training a dog foundationally with science and experience at the core is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success and then we test each dog in an attempt to uncover issues so that we may fix these issues. We fully understand there is no prefect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash not up it. Therefore, each handler must be taught and tested in the skills they will be required to apply in the field. Without being taught the knowledge of the handler will fail, but without the handler being tested, they will never know how strong they are and they will never grow. Our handler training is developed around this exact principle.
This training may also be combined with any of our other training programs