This is a comprehensive hands-on K9 Trainer Course that combines classroom study and practical application. This course is approved for VA Education Benefits (GI Bill). This course will teach and certify a student as a Full Service K9 Trainer upon successful completion. If your goals are to be a departmental trainer, open a dog training facility, train dogs, or work as a contractor then this is the course for you. This course will prepare a student to train dogs on a professional level. This curriculum may be adapted to your specific needs within the realms of obedience training, detection training, tracking training, and aggression training.
- A Student will use what they are taught to have an applicable understanding of the canine behavior, canine behavior modification, and canine training techniques.
- A student will apply what they have been taught to open or manage a dog training facility, run a departmental K9 Unit, or train working dogs as a contractor.
- A student will acquire the tools and resources needed to further their career in the canine training field.
- A student will use techniques taught in this course to effectively train dogs as a professional dog trainer or consultant.
- COURSE COST
- Tuition: $8,500.00
- Equipment: Optional
- Lodging: Student
- STUDENT TYPES
- US Veterans with GI Bill Benefits
- Law Enforcement/Government Personnel
- Others May Attend Upon Approval
- Over 30 Hours of Classroom Instruction that includes:
- Record Keeping
- Training Needs Assessment
- Canine Nutrition
- First Aid
- Emergency Vet Care
- Canine Behavior, Modification, Training Techniques
- Drives & Traits
- Decoy Techniques
- Kennel Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Client Interaction/Consulting
- Obedience Training
- Tracking Dog Training
- Detection Dog Training
- Agression & Control Training
- Search Techniques
- Proficiency Training
- Training Aid Storage, Maintenance, and Accountability
- Properties of Scent
- Will Combine Theory (rules, ideas, principles, and techniques) and Practical Skill
- Objectives that the student trainer must learn and demonstrate by:
- Organized Based on a Curriculum
- Written Exams
- Practical Exercise Exams