The 5th annual South Carolina K9 workshop hosted by Richland County Sheriff Department K-9 Unit will set new standards to our SC annual workshop. This year taking it to a whole new level of training and format. This year will be set as a full deployment based seminar. This means K9 teams will showcase their skill levels, provide/receive valuable feedback from other K9 teams deploying in similar situations, and take full advantage of experience from a semi-controlled environment.
The trainer line-up has over 150 years of combined Law Enforcement K-9 Training and working experience. This seminar will benefit both K9 Handlers and K9 Trainers.
This event will include a free flow training curriculum with various areas of scenario based training occurring both day and night. Knowledgeable K9 trainers will be providing valuable feedback and problem solving for all teams that attend this event
"The only way to test the shelter is to put it through a storm"
- Remote Trainer Class
- Gunfire Neutralization
- Introducing The Muzzle
- Introducing Proper Pickup Techniques
- Secondary Ingress Deployments
- Building Apprehension
- Vehicle Apprehension
- Basic Aggression and Control (Problem Solving/Preparing for Certification)
- Basic Tracking (Problem Solving/Preparation for Certification)
- Basic Detection (Problem Solving/Preparation for Certification)
- Criminal Interdiction Class
- Tactical Tracking
- Narcotics Detection
*Subject to change without notice
**Updated with confirmed lesson plans